Monsoon season is here and it’s a special time for most as the rain showers in happiness and enchantment. It’s also the time for staying indoors having warm comfort food and hot drinks. So why not brush up on some Monsoon recipes to brighten up your rainy days. There are some really special monsoon recipes to brighten your day.
Kawan Potato Puff Pastry
- 1 Pack of Kawan Tawa Paratha
- 2 Potatoes, boiled
- 1/2 cup Paneer, small cubes
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds, crushed
- 2 Green Chillies, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Cooking oil
- Salt, as required
For the stuffing
- Heat a wide pan on medium heat and add oil.
- In hot oil add cumin seeds, crushed coriander seeds, chopped ginger and green chilies. Saute for about 30 seconds and add chopped onion.
- Again saute everything until onion turns translucent. Add turmeric powder, garam masala, chaat masala and mix well.
- Add small cubes of paneer and mix everything well. Add 1/4 teaspoon of black salt and few pinches of regular salt as per taste. Stir for 30 seconds and add boiled potatoes. Crush boiled potatoes to small chunks and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and add chopped cilantro leaves. Mix everything well and the stuffing is ready.
- Take out the sheet of Kawan Paratha from the refrigerator, remove the cling wrap. Cut the sides using a knife o to make it look like a perfect square/rectangle. Make nine equal pieces.
- Now take one of the nine pieces and put 1 tablespoon filling in the centre. Lift top right corner and join it with left bottom corner. Seal it completely by pinching the edges together.
- Take out a baking tray and put the ready puffs to bake onto the tray. Bake it at 450F/230C for first 6 minutes in an oven. Then, bake it at 350F/175C for 14 minutes. After 20 minutes, the crispy, flaky and puffed up aloo patties are ready to be served.
- Serve Potato Puff Pastry as a tea time snack with Hot masala chai.
Kawan Egg Roll
- 4-5 Eggs,
- 2 Onions,
- 2 Green chilli, Chopped,
- 2 tbsp Coriander, chopped,
- To taste Salt & pepper,
- 1 cup Mint chutney,
- 1 cup Mayonnaise,
- 4pc Kawan Paratha
- For Salad: 1 Onion, sliced, ¼ cabbage, shredded, 1 Carrot, sliced, 1 tsp lemon juice
- Break the eggs in a bowl. Add all the chopped onions, chillies, coriander and salt & pepper to the eggs and whisk this mixture well.
- Take a non-stick pan pour some mixture and cook the egg properly from both the sides, repeat the same process with the remaining mixture and prepare 4 omelettes.
- Remove the packet of Kawan paratha from the freezer (do not defrost), peel the plastic layering from the paratha.
- Place the paratha on a pre-heated pan and pan fry for 1.5 min each side until golden brown and set aside.
- In a bowl put all the ingredients from salad, add some seasoning and toss it well.
- Now, place the paratha and place 1 omelette, spread mixture of mint chutney and mayonnaise some salad roll it and serve.
Creamy KAWAN Roll
- 1 Onion KAWAN Paratha,
- 1 scoop of yogurt,
- 1 scoop of cream cheese,
- 1 tsp of salt,
- 1 tsp of garlic powder,
- 1 tsp of black pepper,
- 1 tbsp of vegetables
- Fry the paratha on each side for 1 and a half minutes.
- Put 1 tsp of oil on a preheated pan.
- Sauté the vegetables in the pan.
- Add the other ingredients in a separate bowl and mix it.
- Add the fried vegetables into the creamy mixture and stir.
- Spread on the KAWAN™ paratha.
- Roll it up and cover.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Slice, plate, and enjoy!